Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wildernest Small Things Number Two!

This is the second post on the art project that Julie and I have been working on. (The first post was on her blog several weeks ago.) I've been looking for small things here at Wildernest to send to Julie so she can photograph them under a microscope at UT. This time I tried to select subjects where color would play a bigger role than in the first batch. The two star subjects were a blue jay feather and a creature with wings like a butterfly and a body like a bee. I still don't know what he was. I don't know how many photographs Julie took but she sent thirty to me and I've posted thirteen of them. Julie also did a lot more editing on the first posting that I did here.



This first one looks like part of a van Gogh painting.









I really love the color in these!


























































This isn't what I think of when I think of pine cones. There was on tree where a number of the pine cones had fallen to the ground and fallen apart while still green. I've never seen that before. This is one little piece.










This one looks like a seashell but it's just a bit of dried fungus I broke off of a dead tree.






The warm and fuzzy things on the left is part of an acorn



These pictures are of the feather. Julie says this one looks electric to her so with my interpretation thrown in, it becomes an electric wheat field.







































This one looks like curtians on a window to me.
(I turned it over Jules.)













Neon lights!

Don't forget that you can click on these to see them full screen. They're a lot more impressive that way!

1 comment:

Bambi said...

So I guess she was OK with the bird feather? These pictures are very colorful. I really like the bug ones. Wonder what that is? It is so interesting to see these things up so close!