Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Package From Jacob's Creek Vineyards

Bambi asked so here's my little story. Jacob's Creek wines are made in Australia and they do come from a place called Jacob's Creek. When I decided that I wanted to name our creek "Jacob's Creek" I emailed the company asking them if they could send me a couple pieces of their advertising material and briefly explained to them that I wanted to use them to make a couple signs for our own creek and I told them the reason.

It took a few days for them to reply and in the reply they told me that they weren't able to send printed advertising materials to individuals but they were sending me something that they hoped I'd be able to use. Another couple weeks went by and one day, as I was walking out to the mailbox, a FedEx Ground truck pulled in to deliver a package. When I got in the house and opened it, I found three very nice golf shirts with the Jacob Creek logo on them, a black BBQ apron with a photo of the vineyard and the 'Jacob's Creek' roadsign on it (the photo is the pocket). There was also a little box that contained the wine bottle opener in the picture above. I've greatly enjoyed this little tool and I can open a bottle of wine with it just like the most accomplished sommelier!
I think that was "above and beyond" for those folks and I'm going to keep drinking their wines!

1 comment:

Bambi said...

Very nice! I will have to try some myself now.