Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The next Wildernest project - Wildernest Chapel




I was going to keep this off of the radar for a bit but decided to go ahead and put it out there. There are still other things to do so this won't happen right away. I'll work on it in small pieces and beg for help when I need it but we won't go down and put it up in a day. I've got the design and the place so all that's lacking is the material and the time - although I've got enough material to get the floor/foundation done. It will be very small - just 8X9 but I hope to put a classical finish to it. We'll put the stained glass window from the deck in it.

It's in a clearing along the Orange Trail about midway between the split in the trail on the east side and the Treehouse but 40-50 feet off of trail. I think it will be nice. We know what chapels are for and this little structure in this secluded spot should make it work that much better.

1 comment:

Deanna Swope said...

What a neat idea Grandpa, this will be BEAUTIFUL. Now we know where you can have a small chapel wedding and a tree house honeymoon!