Saturday, December 26, 2009

New pulley for the zip line - Updated Post!




It has ball bearings instead of bushings - to go faster! Note the warning! The way I read it it says "This pulley has ball bearings and it's gonna go faster, you'll run into the tree and that's not good for your health! (I also see on the instructions for this that our older pulley with "self-lubricating" bushings needs to be lubricated regularly with a silicone lubricant. I guess I'm missing something there.)

Now all we need is one more harness and we can double the throughput!

OK - The pulley has been tested and it is BLAZING FAST!! So much so we came close to an injury situation. People are going too fast at the bottom to be able to stop. Daniel tested it! (See his comments on FaceBook.) Alex says "I didn't think it would make that much difference!"

Now we have to work on the line itself to solve the opposite problem - how to slow it down.

1 comment:

Bambi said...

I think I'll stick with the old one!