Friday, July 9, 2010

Another new chapel sign (for my birthday)


The birthday is still three weeks away but when we walked down to the chapel today I found this wrapped up in birthday wrappings! We saw this at a Mineola antique store several months ago but they were asking too much for it. But it finally found its way home and I know this is home because you just don't find many chapels around that need a new sign. This is from an old funeral home and I'm sure it feels a lot better here - out in the woods working for Wildernest Chapel! Alex cleaned it up and put a new coat of paint on it and it looks really nice! Glynda did the lettering and that's an excellent job on that. To explain my appearance - I spent three hours working at the Wildscape Garden this morning, came home and mowed the driveway area (and then went on the walk with G to the chapel). So the attire selection was based on the wildscape work and it's condition (and my condition)is a result of same.



I knew it was gone from the antigue store but had a lot of confidence that it would end up here.

No comments: