Saturday, March 19, 2011

FRUSTRATION!

My shopping for a Wildernest hiking stick medallion really began last November.  After the initial contact with the company that would make them I took a few weeks to get a design in mind.  Some mis-communication delayed it a bit more and then they tried several designs before sending me one for approval.  It was good but we made some changes and got new art work samples that are back there about two months ago in my blog posts.  Then we ordered them and the order was sent to China with about a six weeks lead time.  That turned into eight weeks - the last bit in-transit. They send the shipments in bulk to Washington (state) and the individual packages go out from there.  I've been watching the progress with my FedEx (Ground) tracking number and it was suppose to arrive today so I stayed at the house all day and about 4:30 the package was delivered!!  The design turned out really nice but - the paint color is LIME green - not the Hunter Green that was on the artwork (and there's too much paint on the letters.).  So I've sent my complaint email that they'll get Monday morning.  Then I guess it will be another 6-8 weeks.  As I said in the title - FRUSTRATION!!!

1 comment:

Bambi said...

What a bummer. No, the lime green just doesn't work.