Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Can you solve my dilemma??

We have goldfish in our pond. Those familar with the layout know there are actually two ponds - the upper - and the lower, connected by a waterfall that's about three feet long.

There are three goldfish about 6-8 inches long (and a whole bunch of babies right now but that's another story) and they have always been in the lower pond.

One of the goldfishes has black markings - and a bunch of the new babies do to. All of the babies are in the lower pond.

However, as of a couple days ago, the bigger fish with the black markings is in the upper pond.

How did it get there? (I'm pretty sure there's no salmon blood involved and that would have required swimming uphill in a half inch of water running in the other direction.)

Theories - logical and otherwise - appreciated!

2 comments:

Bambi said...

Glynda moved it when you weren't looking and is playing a practical joke on you??? I don't know but if you figure it out I would love to know!

Julie Hayes said...

Fish jump! Now that I do research on fish (no more frogs) I have really come to appreciate that fish are remarkable jumpers. I work on fish that are about an inch long and I've seen them jump at least 6-9 inches out of the water. We have to keep lids on their tanks all the time or they will randomly spring themselves out into freedom. I bet your fish jumped and he is incredibly lucky to have escaped a dirty land death by landing in pond number two.

But I kinda hope I'm wrong and Grandma is just playing a joke on you, cuz that'd be pretty darn funny!