Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Coincidence??

Have you noticed the TV commercials for Reliant Energy? Have you seen the one about Jeanie who likes to read - "fiction, non-fiction, autobiographies about people"? This commercial made it right to the top of my Mute Button Commercials almost immediately but I didn't always mute on time and the "autobiographies about people" made me (and Glynda) cringe every time. One day I'd had enough and signed onto the Reliant Energy website and told them how stupid that commercial was and how the only things it said about Reliant Energy were not good - ALL of the autobiographies I'd ever read were about people. A few days after I did that, the commercial disappeared for a couple weeks and every time I saw one of their commercials, it was the second of the two they were running. I started telling Glynda that I had the power! Then one day Jeanie came back , just like before with one exception - she no longer says anything about "autobiographies about people".

2 comments:

Bambi said...

I'm sure you "have the power"! I haven't seen it but will watch for it now!

Bicker said...

I thought I was the only one "anal" enough to be bothered by that!! The very first time I heard it, I couldn't believe that they had not edited that phrase. I heard it again this morning and noted that it had been removed. I actually thought, "someone else was bothered by that as much as I was and must have made their opinions know". I had no idea that it very well could be my daddy that is to thank!!