Monday, September 1, 2008

A New Entry in Our Favorite Movies!


SKY CAPTAIN and the
WORLD of TOMORROW!

We missed this the first time around (2004) but got the DVD through Netflix and have watched it twice and once again with the commentary and will watch the second commentary today before sending it back tomorrow.

You've probably got to be my age to really appreciate the creativity and vision in this one although my kids can probably come close. I have no idea what the grandkids would think of it though. I love the humor in it. I love the way the photographic effects capture the essence of the 30's. And the computer graphics are not to bad either. As I was watching this the first time I was thinking that the whole concept had to come from one man and found out in the commentary that it did. One guy, Kerry Conran, spent four years creating a six minute video on his Mac and that was the concept he used to sell the movie. It was his first one and he wrote the script, had complete creative control, and directed it. The cast includes Jude Law, Angelina Jolie, and Gwyneth Paltrow - who was perfect and in her role of the reporter Polly Perkins! And the last line of the movie is priceless - a one word sentence - "Lenscap".


The trailer

1 comment:

Bambi said...

You have certainly made me curious and I'll have to check that one out.