Thursday, October 15, 2009

Crow's Nest or Zip Line Platform






I posted these pictures on Facebook but will put them here too. We've planned for some time now to build a platform for the zip line. It runs from the Treehouse so the platform could be the same thing as the "Crow's Nest" that we talked about early on as we were planning the Treehouse. It finally got done today. Alex, Daniel, and I started it this morning and finished this afternoon. Logistically, the hardest part of it was getting a tree that was almost 30ft tall cut down and transported a good hundred yards and then getting it lifted into place between two big limbs. We were feeling like Egyptian slaves working on the pyramids! (Actually we're not quite through with it - we still need to put up hand rails.)

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Grandpa,
I used to think that you built the treehouse for your children, grandchildren, etc. I now, however, believe that the treehouse was built as an excuse to revisit your own childhood (and possibly that of Uncle Alex.) I can't wait till Thanksgiving so I can play like a kid too!

Jenn

Jim said...

Jenn - I don't think it has to be one or the other. I will say that it has changed since it all began.

Deanna Swope said...

If I can talk Cody into it...Can we have a sleep over in the treehouse weather permitting???!!!

Jim said...

We'll even provide an air mattress!!

Anonymous said...

Daniel here! and i can't wait for evryone to ride the zip line it's so much fun, and we put alot of work in to it. I was the test guy and i'm still alive so that must to say something about our work! So don't be scared and live alittle bit and see if you can beat my time on who can go down the fastest!!!! I dar you!