Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NYC - Greenwich Village - Washington Square Park and Cafe Reggio













I'm a child of the 60's and back then all of the musicians came through Greenwich Village. Peter, Paul, and Mary started here at the Bitter End, Bob Dylan first played at Cafe Wa. The Gaslight Cafe (I went there back then) was a stop on the way for many of the folk musicians. Washington Square Park was the sight for a lot of folk music gatherings. Most things then happened on Bleeker Street or MacDougal Street. Caffe Reggio has been there since 1927 and was the place I wanted to visit this trip. Although it was a Saturday morning, it had the ambiance I expected and Glynda bought me a T-Shirt there! Glynda and I had two tiny espressos, Beverly tried a Sanbitter, and we shared an eclair. Lots of interesting shops! Bet it's really nice when they're all open! This was an enjoyable couple hours!

No comments: