Friday, September 24, 2010

Vacation - McDonalds is now on my bad list!

These coupons
are good for -
NOTHING!


Our first stop on our vacation was at a McDonald's in Little Rock to get a couple lattes. I put them on a credit card and then they told me the latte machine was being cleaned and they couldn't make them. No "Shall I credit your account?" or anything - just a blank stare like what am I going to do about it? But - not a problem - I'll just take a couple coffees instead and then use the balance due me on something else. The math got too hard for the person waiting on me and she had to get the manager who was soon asking me for more money and couldn't seem to grasp the problem. After a bit I walked out in a huff with the two coffees and them owing me a bit over $3. Glynda was looking at the receipt and saw a number to call if you were unhappy with your service. We had nothing to do but drive so we called the number. I told my story a couple times (including the fact that I was on vacation and over 200 miles from home) and they finally asked me if they could send some coupons for some free product. That was OK with me. When we got home, there they were in the mail. Today I was going to Tyler so I took them along to use for my lunch. I had the opportunity to discuss these with two McDonald's managers . They both refused to accept them - they say I have to go to Little Rock to use them. And I can only use one at a time so I guess I need to make four trips to Little Rock???

Now these things are plainly marked to be valid at "any participating location". You would think that a manager looking at these would see that (a) this guy evidently had a bad experience at a store in Little Rock and that (b) he was upset enough about it to call corporate and that (c) corporate found some validity in the complaint and send him the coupons, so the best course of action would be to - just give him more reason to be upset!! It's not like I was trying to get a free Rolex watch! What's it going to cost - $1??? But that's the course of action at both places! We use McDonald's for coffee and for a quick breakfast when we need one. We'll just look elsewhere now and look forward to the day when all America files a class action lawsuit against them for making everyone fat and unhealthy. If they can do it with cigarettes they should be able to do it with Micky D's. (So maybe I'll just send these coupons Liz. She lives in Little Rock now.)

No comments: