Friday, January 28, 2011

Just finished "Courage and Consequence" by Karl Rove

I didn't have very high expectations when I started reading this but found it intriguing. I thought it was going to be a Rove auto-biography and it starts out that way but turns into an account of George W. If you felt disappointed by some of the events in the Bush administrations and thought he should have handled this better or different, this book is enlightening. The list of things below is from a review but it's what was coming together in my head as I was deciding that I had to do a post on this. I highly recommend this one!

  • The facts of his mother's suicide and reports of his father's alleged homosexuality
  • The accusation that he bugged his own office in Texas
  • The real story of how George W. Bush defeated governor Ann Richards
  • The details of Bush's stealth campaign to win the White House in 2000
  • Why Bush cratered in New Hampshire but prevailed in South Carolina in 2000
  • How Bush chose Dick Cheney as his presidential running mate
  • How the Bush campaign managed Bush's DUI
  • The defection of Vermont Senator Jim Jeffords
  • The frustrating challenges of Hurricane Katrina
  • The facts behind Rove's painful three years fending off a federal indictment, and
  • Why Obama is wrong on healthcare.

No comments: