Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More on Aunt Maude's old photographs


Aunt Maude had lots of old (1904-1920) photographs - many of them very high quality and in good condition.  Unfortunately most do not have any identification on them - but some do.  And for the past week or so I've been using my genealogy software to try to find people that might be interested in having these.  A story has developed about the picture above.  Norm, the owner of the tree I contacted looked into it and his living cousin, Helen, is the sister of the two boys.  They are from Michigan.  Helen wanted to know how the picture got to Texas and I told her about Aunt Maude, whose maiden name was Littleford, and that she went to college in Chicago and that we have family there.  She then asked if Maude was related to (brother and sister) George and Lottie Littleford because they were friends of hers.  And, yes, Maude is related.  She's the daughter of another brother.  I'm still not sure why Maude had the picture of two boys whose last name is Weller.  (It's a 1920 Christmas picture.)  Maybe there's a relationship somewhere, I sure don't have it in my tree.  But I'm pretty sure that Aunt Maude would enjoy this "discovery" and the knowledge that the original of the picture will soon be on it's way to Helen!  It's been an enjoyable connection and exchange of information and there are a couple more working now.

On another note, I noticed today that there was one of those little green leafs on my cousin Jerry's (Jerry Ray Zapata) name in the Family Tree Maker software.  When I clicked on it I found his death record - he died last November 25th.  He was the last member of that part of the family except for one child of his and three children of a sister.

No comments: