Sunday, May 3, 2009

Gotta Get a Rain Guage

The closest thing I had to one last night was a bucket sitting under the tree house tree. It was under the tree but still had over 8 inches of water in it this morning. Discovering that was not an easy thing to do. I first tried the east end of the Orange Trail but that was not passable at all. Jacob's Creek is about 40-50 feet wide at this point and I couldn't even get close to the ford.





So I tried the other end by the pond. Looking
down the zip line, it was covered with water from the pond to the creek. No way to get there! But then I saw movement over there - it was Bev and Alex. They had found a way. I should have known that Bev, after being away from the site for over a week, would find a way! They're right in the center of the picture. (She had to try three different roads to get home this morning because of flooding.)









This is Alex leading the way along the creek. The water has been at least two feet, probably three, deeper then it is here.


















We found this guitar shaped piece of wood when we were getting the cedar for the gables last week.


And here's Bev and Alex on our way back to the house. One end of the bridge behind them is no longer in place and we'll have to fix that!

2 comments:

Deanna Swope said...

Wow, looks like you guys have had just as much rain as we have in PA.
I like the wood guitar!

Bambi said...

I think you guys all need to invest in some mud boots!