Friday, June 26, 2009

Travel

When the younger Willi were here last weekend, we were talking about travel and Greg asked me about the most impressive sites from my Europe travels back in the 80's. I mentioned Germany but nothing specific. I was extremely fortunate to have been able to travel to so much of Europe (and on someone else's dime) . Traveling on business opened a lot of doors and keeping to schedules also closed them. I've been to Paris five or six times, seen Notre Dame on most of those trips but have never been inside. I've traveled to England, Scotland, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Switzerland, and on an earlier trip Austria and Hungary. Fortunate!

But the answer to Greg's question is Switzerland - and more specific, the Swiss Alps. I had to travel to Geneva and Zurich several times and each trip was a train ride through the alps. They were magnificent!! The picture isn't mine but the sight is very familiar. I was probably at this exact place several times and it's just a hint of the mountains up ahead.

We are hoping we'll be able to make another trip to Europe within the next couple years and Switzerland will definitely be on the itinerary.

1 comment:

Deanna Swope said...

I had no idea that you were a world traveler! Those are some amazing places that you have been. What a great experience and opportunity. I would love to hear your stories!