Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I don't guess you've ever heard of "Blue Suede" or "The Tokens"??


So it happened like this - scrolling through the channels on the TV last evening we came across one of those "Paid Programmings" for the Time-Life "Songs of the 60's" that gives you these these tantalizing 10 second snippets of the old songs we grew up with. From there we switched to the Serius channel of "Songs from the 60's" and then "Songs from the 50's" and from there to digging out some old CD's. One of them was "Songs from 1958" - the year I graduated from high school, got my first real job, got married, and had my first child - WOW!! Another was a CD titled "One Hit Wonders" and that was the way a lot of music was back then - a group came up with a great song, it became a hit, and you never hear from them again. It was also a time when songs had great lyrics - most of the time anyway. Here are a couple that put some new words in the language - at least while they were popular. (One of them came back later to star in a movie)

ouga chaka ouga (This one has a good "juke box" video with it - when plays were 3 for 25 cents.)

aweema weh

3 comments:

Bambi said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUMwu_gXK7Q&feature=related

This is my favorite youtuabe video of "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" I have watched it with my grandkids MANY times and still love it!

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

hey guys, i travel 50 miles to work (stupid yeah… looking for another job…) anyway im just wondering would you recommend me driving all that way at 3.30am? i travel from preston to liverpool airport….i cant seem to find a decent site with readable weather!!!
http://www.weathertoday.v3host.be/?p=10912