Monday, March 1, 2010

First plants for the greenhouse


Deanna asked so here's the answer - These are the seedlings that are in the nook now. I'll pot these up in 4 inch containers and let them grow some more in the greenhouse before putting them out. Right now, there are zinnias, cosmos, sunflowers, moon flowers, rudbekia, and swiss chard. I will start more seeds as soon as there is more room in the nook. The plan for the greenhouse will be to increase the growing season, start flowers inside before putting them into the garden, start plants from cuttings, and over winter some other plants.

1 comment:

Deanna Swope said...

Very Nice! I love cosmos; they have something very whimsical about them. Swiss Chard…is that an herb? I don’t know that I have heard of that before. I will be looking forward to seeing the progress and growth. By the way great job so far on the greenhouse G-pa!