Sunday, March 28, 2010

It's looking and feeling like Spring


. . . except for those darn winds! We've got a bunch of viola's in the flower garden that have been with us all winter - the yellow flowers in the picture - and they are happy now with the coldest weather behind us. Our favorite early spring shrub is the other yellow in the picture. It's a Lime Mound Spirea and later it will be a lime color but first it's yellow. I'm moving a few other things out of the greenhouse and into their assigned spaces. And we saw our first hummingbird yesterday. A male Ruby Throat stopped at the feeder for a few minutes. Non-gardening tasks are still centered on the chapel. It now has sheetrock and I'll finish the taping tomorrow. I spent several hours working in the greenhouse this morning and have decided that I'm too tired to do any more work this Sunday! One more thing - how do you like the new blog template?

1 comment:

Bambi said...

I like your new blog template! I'm anxious to see all your gardening efforts too.