Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shadow is a good mom!


She's taken very good care of her babies. I've posted before that she walks the trail with us every time we go - if she's around to see us leave. The other day we had walked to the chapel and I guess we were staying too long for her. She left and when we got back to the house she was taking care of her babies. A few days ago I was working on the trails (driving the mower through) and, as I went by the Treehouse, she came running down the steps. I had no idea that she was anywhere around and thought that was a strange place for her. She goes there with us - but on her own?? The next day Glynda found a dead flying squirrel in the shop where the kittens were. She threw it out but Shadow brought it back in. She had probably caught and killed it at the Treehouse and carried it all the way back to the shop. I know she's also caught birds and taken them to the kittens. We were pleased yesterday in talking to the animal shelter in Winnsboro. They said that it would be easy to find homes for the kittens and they'd help us do that.

No comments: