Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Another Genealogical Bit of Information!

We've had this picture for many years. It was drawn by my grandfather Charles Walmsley Flanders. The picture was framed and recently the glass was broken. In taking the glass off, we found that the picture was dated as well as signed. He drew this in March, 1907 - 102 years ago and he would have been thirteen at that time - looking much like he does in the picture below. (Reminder of the double-click for the larger picture.) The composition is familiar to me and, I think, not because I've seen this all my life but because it's probably a copy of another sketch or painting.












(Here's the name and date from the lower left corner of the picture.)

1 comment:

Bambi said...

I see where your artistic genes came from.