Friday, January 30, 2009

We're Still SIx Weeks Away From 'Last Frost'

And I'm really getting itchy to get in the garden (flower & vegetable). Aaron and I have already put in a sprinkler system for the veggie garden. Through the Master Gardeners group I found that I can get free mulch (tree clippings) from the electric company trimming of trees along power lines. They dropped off a huge pile last week and that needs to be spread around. I can fill up the back of my Ranger with compost from a company in Big Sandy (20-25 miles down the road) for $42. That will happen Monday latest. So the process now is getting beds, soil, etc. ready for later. (The Master Gardener classes are adding to the to-do list - for here as well as volunteer projects, one happening later today.) Even now though, in my "greenhouse" we have this very nice blossom. It's a Kalanchoe Blossfeldiana and it's from a plant Glynda got at Nanny's funeral. (I'm keeping more info about our gardening on another blog I've created mainly for keeping records and photos for us. There is a link to this in the list to the right.)

No comments: