Monday, January 5, 2009

Finished!

The "Orange Trail" is much longer than the other trails - about a half mile or a 20-30 minute walk and it goes much deeper into the property. These are areas that I seldom go into because they are overgrown and it's easy to lose your way. I had to work in short sections and mark the path with flags when I was making it to be sure I ended up in the right place. It crosses the creek in two places, fording it once and using a bridge for the last one. Having made the shorter trails, this one just became the thing to do - and it's a very enjoyable, close-to-nature walk. It has several areas with different characteristics and I know we're going to walk in this direction often.




























(There's still a little bridge repair work to do.)

3 comments:

Bambi said...

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of these same spots in the Spring! I guess that gives you yet another project to look forward to doing?

Anonymous said...

This is Caro's comment that came in an email from Greg:

I’m glad you made another trail b/c I want to explore it but I’ve only been on one trail though.

I love you Papa and Granny.

Anonymous said...

This is Ren's comment that came in an email form Greg:

I think the new trail will be great . . . I’m excited about the beaver! I like the picture with the birds. Are you going to make any more trails?

I hope I can visit soon.