Thursday, March 5, 2009

He looks a little docile in this picture

but you can see him up close and personal. Glynda, Aaron, Alex, and I were eating lunch on the deck this afternoon when this hawk landed in the tree above the pond. He, or one like him, was also there a few days ago. We watched him for a while and then I crept into the house to get the camera - fully expecting him to fly away. I got back to the deck and he was still there so I took several pictures right away. Then sat back down at the table - it was a good angle - and took a bunch more. Decided to walk back off the deck and, from behind the big tree, was able to go around and get some more shots. Then, giving up any sort of cover, just walked a few steps toward him and took some more. I was able to do this several times until I was getting so close the angle was getting worse. He was still there after we returned to the house and Alex left for home.

No comments: