Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Here's the Picture From a Litttle Different Angle

The impetus for the building of this was to provide a safe alternative to a treehouse for the kids. It can still serve that purpose well but we've already found that it can be very nice for adults too. When I got home from a Master Gardener's work day today, no one was home. Glynda was at Bible study and when I went to the pond to take these pictures, Aaron was sitting out there with his cup of coffee enjoying the beautiful morning and the sounds of the birds.


Alex, Daniel and Aaron built this yesterday. I helped with a little lumber toting, etc. when I got home from class. It's a great place and already begging for a name, just for brevity and specicifity when referring to it in conversation, - BOD (beaver observation deck)? POD (pond observation deck), WOD (wildlfe observation deck - since we've already seen the beaver, turtles, ducks, bass, and catfish from it), or change all the "D's" to "P's" and substiture the work "post" for "deck". I don't know! Anyway - I do know there's going to be lot of enjoyment realized here whatever we call it.















1 comment:

Julie Hayes said...

I love it! And I can't believe they built it in one day. Very impressive Aaron, Alex and Daniel.